Minimum Required Coverage:
- $300,000 Medical Services: For inpatient it should cover daily hospital room & board, intensive care unit, inpatient and outpatient operating/treatment/recovery rooms, medical services and supplies such as medications provided while inpatient, physician visits, imaging, emergency treatment of injury even if not admitted, professional fees of doctors, surgeons and nurses. For outpatient it should cover professional fees of doctors, office visits, referrals, X-rays, labs, emergency room fees (illness and injury), mental disorder & substance abuse,
- Ambulance Services Expenses: Ground ambulance service to a hospital for necessary emergency care.
- Prescription Drugs: for both inpatient and outpatient.
Additional Recommended Coverage (but not required):
- Skilled Nursing Facilities: All medically necessary expenses if confinement begins following a medically necessary hospital confinement of 3 days or longer.
- Home Health Care: All medically necessary expenses if hospitalization would have been required if Home Health Care was not provided and the care is provided in accordance with a written plan established, approved and followed by a physician.
- Medical Evacuation: All medically necessary expenses for stabilization and transportation to the facility nearest your home, which can provide the appropriate care up to $100,000.
- Repatriation of Remains: In the event of death, underwriters will reimburse the cost of delivery of your remains to a mortuary nearest your home up to $100,000.
- $25,000 Accidental Death: $50,000 if accidental death occurs while riding as a passenger of a common carrier.
- Emergency Return Home: If, after you have departed, you learn of the death of an immediate family member, or you learn of the substantial destruction of your home by fire, wind, flood, or earthquake, underwriters shall reimburse you the cost of an economy one way air or ground transportation ticket for you to your home, up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Trip Cancellation Benefit: If within two weeks prior to your pre-paid ticketed or vouchered initial trip departure your entire trip must be cancelled due to 1) your death, illness or injury causing hospitalization or outpatient surgery, or 2) the death of an immediate family member, or 3) the substantial destruction of your home due to fire, wind, flood, or earthquake, any unused and nonrefundable portion of expenses shall be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,000, excess of $100 each and every loss and excess of all other valid Insurances.
- Lost Luggage: In the event that your checked luggage is completely and totally lost, underwriters shall reimburse you to a maximum of $500, excess of any and all other valid and collectible coverages.
- Common Accident Provision: In the event that you and any additional insured family members suffer injuries from the same accident, only one deductible shall be applied.