Launched in 2019, the ‘Initiative for Adoption of Revised MSPE by International Medical Schools
‘ is a 100% subsidized (free)
service to 10
non-LCME accredited international medical schools each year. The school must be nominated by one of its own medical students or graduates to qualify
. Medical schools who are approved to enroll into this initiative are granted full and 100% subsidized (free)
access to AmeriClerkships’ Medical School Leadership Team, who will provide a comprehensive review of that school’s current MSPE writing policies as it relates to Association of American Medical Colleges’ (AAMC) 2017 Recommendations for Revising MSPE
, then in cooperation with each Dean, re-establish protocols for writing MSPE which do not advocate for the students, but rather provide honest and objective summary of each student’s personal attributes, experiences, and academic accomplishments based, to the greatest degree possible, on verifiable information and summative evaluations.
AmeriClerkships strongly agrees with AAMC MSPE Task Force’s stance that establishing such revisions would provide:
- supplemental value to the information already provided in the ERAS application, transcripts, and letters of recommendation
- a level of standardization and transparency that facilitates the residency selection process
- comparative information on applicants
- information about applicants’ standing on the competencies required to be successful in residency
- increased opportunity for program directors to examine applicants holistically in the pre-interview stage
- qualitative and quantitative assessments of applicants in an easy to read format.